With the COVID-19 pandemic creating challenges for families around Michigan, creativity has been crucial to staying positive and engaged. Chevrolet paired up with The Harris Poll to survey 1,000 Americans, finding that 89 percent are turning to open road to ward off the doldrums of quarantine. This points to planning a road trip in your Chevrolet SUV this fall as a great way to rediscover your passion.
According to the survey, one in 10 Americans have used the past six months as an excuse to go camping for the first time. Forty-one percent say they’ve gotten into their vehicles and gone somewhere they’ve never been before. Activities like hiking, fishing, and visiting a national park were particularly popular, with 20 percent saying they’ve visited their first national park this year.
If a road trip sounds right up your alley this fall, there’s a Chevrolet SUV that’s fit for adventure. The all-new 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban have both recently arrived at College Chevrolet Buick in Albion, Michigan, and both are ideal candidates for family-friendly journeys.
The Harris Poll noted that more than half of the respondents wish they had more cargo room for their road trip. The all-new Tahoe and Suburban are both best-in-class on this front with a respective 122.9 cubic feet and 144.7 cubic feet of storage volume. The 2021 Chevy Tahoe and Suburban also offer desired amenities like a Rear-Seat Media System and standard driver-assist safety technology.
Fall is a beautiful time of year around Michigan, so don’t let it slip through your fingers. Taking a family road trip in your Chevrolet SUV, whether it’s the all-new 2021 Tahoe or Suburban or a high-quality Chevrolet Certified Pre-Owned, is just the trick to helping you appreciate the good things around you. College Chevrolet Buick is here to help — call or email to schedule your test drive or your next service visit on your current vehicle.
Spring break is just a few weeks away, which means it is time to start making your plans if you haven’t already. If you have a spring break road trip in your future, you need to make sure your car is ready to go along for the ride. A little preparation before you hit the road can help you prevent a disastrous vacation experience that you’d prefer to forget. The following is some of what you should consider.
- Tires. Make sure the tread on your tires is not getting too low and look for signs of extreme wear, like cracks or bulges.
- Brakes. If it takes you longer to stop than usual or you hear any squealing coming from your car while stopping, you might have a brake problem. Have them inspected to make sure you have enough brake life remaining.
- Lights. Make sure all of your exterior lights are working, including turn signals, brake lights, and headlights. You want to be able to see and let others see you while driving at night.
- Wipers. If it has been more than six months since you last replaced your windshield wipers, it is time for a new set.
- Battery. You don’t want to be left stranded somewhere unfamiliar with a dead battery. Inspect your battery for corrosion and clean the terminals, if needed.
All of these services can be performed quickly and correctly at College Chevrolet Buick. Schedule your appointment before your spring break excursion and make sure that your getaway is one worth remembering from start to finish.
Don’t let summer slip away without taking another road trip or two. Get your car tuned up at the College Chevrolet Buick service department, then head out to experience one of these fun things to do in Michigan.
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
Summer is the perfect time to visit the Upper Peninsula. The whole area is beautiful, but if you’re in need of a specific destination, you can’t go wrong with Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. Gorgeous rock formations, scenic hiking trails, and sand dunes all face the vast horizon of Lake Superior.
Honor Michigan’s role in Motown music by visiting the official museum in Detroit. A guided tour will teach you everything there is to know about the Motown spirit. You’ll feel so connected to the history you might even imagine you see Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson, or the Four Tops in the hallway.
Detroit Institute of Arts
While you’re in Detroit, be sure to stop at this world-class museum. You’ll be surprised at the richness of the permanent collection, as well as the diversity of rotating exhibitions.
Mackinac Island State Park
This park is another of Michigan’s must-see natural attractions. Not only will you enjoy gorgeous views of water and land, but you’ll experience something special on this automobile-free island, where life seems slower and simpler.
Living in the great state of Michigan, we’re privileged to be able to experience some great summer activities without having to travel too far. From the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan to amazing museum and amusement parks all over the state. But what if you want to get away?
Well we’ve got a list of some of the top road trips for you this summer. These are the perfect places to travel in the all-new Traverse or Impala.
1. Niagra Falls, NY – An ever popular trip. The Falls are true beauty, but they’re more than just an amazing site. A jet boat tour on Class 5 rapids on the Niagra River makes for a thrilling ride.
2. Nashville, TN – A music lover’s delight. Home of the famous Grand Ole Opry and Country Music Hall of Fame, Music City is a great destination.
3. Las Vegas, NV – Sin City has become more family friendly. While the stigma of the fast life still hangs over Las Vegas, it has become a great place for families to enjoy. The multitude of shows and attractions provide something for everyone.
4. Seattle, WA – Rain, rain goes away during the summer months. During the summer months the city is primarily dry, and with its host of parks and attractions it’s a great place to visit.
5. Chicago, IL – The Windy City offers fun in the sun. If you’re looking for Chicago-style pizza, a place to go shopping, and some time on the lake, Chicago is the perfect place for you this summer.
6. Charleston, SC – An old-fashioned southern town. For those truly fond of the beach and charming shops Charleston is right up your alley. With a city that’s built for walking traffic and friendly vibes you’re sure to have a great time.
While there are many more amazing destinations out there, this list should help get you started. But if you have a place that you think should be on this list let us know by responding in the comments.