The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 features a new Multi-Flex Tailgate. The feature, available on each of the eight trim levels of the 2021 model, has six functions.
- The primary gate works like a traditional gate. You can operate it via the key fob. A button inside the truck or on the gate also lets you lower it into position.
- A load stop built-into the primary gate helps secure extra-long items.
- You can reach further into the bed using the folded-down inner gate.
- The inner gate boasts a full-width step that can bear the weight of 375 pounds.
- Second-tier items will stay in place thanks to the inner gate load stop feature.
- The inner gate seconds as an onsite work surface.
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 also features upgraded trailering technologies to deliver more safety alerts and comprehensive views of the bed and your trailer.
Two of the most efficient engines offered in the Chevrolet Silverado 1500, the 2.7-liter turbo and 3.0-liter Duramax® turbo-diesel engine — allow the 2021 model to tow heavier weights than the 2020 model could.
The combination of the new Multi-Flex Tailgate, upgraded trailering tech, and greater towing capacities make the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 a versatile, strong, and safe option for work and play.
Learn more about the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 at College Chevrolet in Albion, Michigan.