This month, we’d like for you to meet Arron Short one of our Sales Consultants! Arron is from East Lansing, but currently resides in Battle Creek. Arron has been working in the automotive industry for over 12 years and has a degree in Industrial Engineering from Michigan State (GO SPARTANS!). Being an engineer, he tends to notice the quality and technology and pays attention to how things are put together. He says that attention to detail is his key to success!
When it comes to vehicles, his dream car would be a Lotus Exige. He has always loved Lotus cars because they are a super car that is hand-made in Ann Arbor. He currently drives an Infiniti G35x, but his favorite car of all-time was his modified ’94 Honda Accord. Of the new vehicles we have on our lot, his favorites include the Buick Regal and the Chevrolet Malibu 2.0T Premier. He says that the car that best-matches his personality is a Land Rover Evoque. The worst car he’s ever driven is a KIA.
When not at work, you’ll find Arron spending time with his 7-year-old daugther, cooking, traveling, watching sports, and doing art projects. His favorite sports teams include the Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons, Detroit Red Wings, and of course the MSU Spartans. His favorite TV show is “Fresh Prince of Bel Air,” but he enjoys all classic shows that make him laugh.
Arron’s favorite part of the job is being able to accompany and assist guests that are in need. He enjoys offering advice and loves to watch people leave happy with a smile. If you are in the market for a new car, Arron would be more than happy to assist you! He will help you choose the perfect new car!
Spring break is just a few weeks away, which means it is time to start making your plans if you haven’t already. If you have a spring break road trip in your future, you need to make sure your car is ready to go along for the ride. A little preparation before you hit the road can help you prevent a disastrous vacation experience that you’d prefer to forget. The following is some of what you should consider.
- Tires. Make sure the tread on your tires is not getting too low and look for signs of extreme wear, like cracks or bulges.
- Brakes. If it takes you longer to stop than usual or you hear any squealing coming from your car while stopping, you might have a brake problem. Have them inspected to make sure you have enough brake life remaining.
- Lights. Make sure all of your exterior lights are working, including turn signals, brake lights, and headlights. You want to be able to see and let others see you while driving at night.
- Wipers. If it has been more than six months since you last replaced your windshield wipers, it is time for a new set.
- Battery. You don’t want to be left stranded somewhere unfamiliar with a dead battery. Inspect your battery for corrosion and clean the terminals, if needed.
All of these services can be performed quickly and correctly at College Chevrolet Buick. Schedule your appointment before your spring break excursion and make sure that your getaway is one worth remembering from start to finish.