Unfortunately, auto accidents happen. Why not be as best prepared as possible? There are a few things you can do to get yourself and your car ready… just in case!
First, be sure to always carry your insurance card with you. Some keep their card in the glove box while others keep it in their purse or wallet. Many insurance companies now have identification cards available to print online or you may also be able to pull up a digital copy on your Smartphone. Just make sure that you have a copy of your insurance card easily accessible in case of an accident.
If an accident occurs, move carefully after impact. Do not injure yourself trying to remove yourself from the vehicle or by helping someone else. Next, be sure to call emergency personnel to the scene. Contact 911 for assistance and call a towing company if you are able.
Next, be sure to get all of the information you need for insurance purposes. Get everyone involved to exchange contact information, insurance information and plate numbers. The police will be able to help you with this task.
The next step is to document the accident. The police and emergency personnel will be able to help you with this task also. Use your camera or cell phone to take pictures of the scene. Also try and get the names of any witnesses if possible.
The last step after an accident is to reach out for assistance. Contact your insurance company to file a claim. Check with your provider to be sure and get your claim entered on time. Also reach out to your local dealership, College Chevrolet Buick, to help you get back on the road quickly.
“For years the Silverado has scored well in our tests, and the redesigned 2014 model is the best yet.” – Consumer Reports Magazine
The Chevrolet Silverado has been getting lots of attention recently and rightfully so. It was recently rated top pickup by Consumer Reports. It was also named a top power light-duty truck. With the ability to tow 12,000 lbs, the Silverado offers all of the power consumers are looking for in a truck.
Consumer Reports likes that the Silverado handles very smoothly and effortlessly. They also like the fact that the Silverado offers a larger bed than most, better towing capacity and good fuel efficiency. Chevrolet has been working hard to design and modify a truck that offers top of the line technologies.
Chevrolet also received a top rating for the Impala, which makes the Silverado Chevrolet’s second victory for 2014. Chevrolet is introducing an impressive 18 new or updated vehicles for the 2014 model year which will give the US automaker a refreshed image.
College Chevrolet Buick in Albion, MI is proud to carry the Chevrolet brand. To learn more about the 2014 models, stop by and speak with one our knowledgeable sales representatives.
Unfortunately flat tires and dead batteries happen. When on the road it is important to remain safe and prepared for any situation that may arise. Here is a list of must have items… just in case!
- Jumper Cables – If you or a friend has a dead battery while out on the road, you will be happy you had these.
- Fuses – These can help fix many common electrical problems.
- Flashlight – Need to check something under the hood at night?
- Tire Pressure Gauge – Tire Pressure should be checked once a month.
- First-Aid Kit – For minor cuts and scrapes a first-aid kit always comes in handy.
- Tire Changing Tools – Getting a flat is horrible, but having the right tools will help you get back on the road quickly.
- Old Cellphone – An old cellphone could be of great help if your new cellphone loses charge or shuts off unexpectedly.
- Warning Triangles – These will help keep you safe if for some reason you must pull over.
- Multi-tool – For fixing minor mechanical issues
- Paper Towels – Spill your soda? Need to check your oil? Paper towels can help you (and your car) stay clean.
- Duct Tape – From a blown hose to a cracked windshield, duct tape can help you get home or at least to the nearest service station.
- Maps – There are some places that your satellite navigation simply cannot reach.
- Spare Key – If you lock yourself out of your car and lose the key, you aren’t doomed! A magnetic key case can store a spare key on the outside of your vehicle.
- Bucket – A bucket can be used to hold items or to help you transfer water you need to refill the radiator.
- Owner’s Manual – What does this button do? The Owner’s Manual can answer many basic questions about your car.
- Garbage Bags – Get caught in the rain on your last hiking adventure? Garbage bags make great seat covers!
- Gloves – Keep your hands (and car) clean by wearing a pair of gloves while changing a flat tire or checking the oil.
Do you have any other must-have items in your car? Let us know by responding in the comments!
The Buick Encore is a hit across the United States, Canada and is also showing promise in Europe. In Europe, the Encore is known as the Opel Mokka. The European version has a few minor trim changes. GM is hoping that the Buick Brand can go global into the future following Chevrolet and Cadillac’s footsteps.
Overall the Opel Mokka looks similar to the Encore. Both are in the compact crossover group, come in a 4-cylinder engine and have an all-wheel drive option. The Opel Mokka is also available with a diesel engine.
Both the Encore and Mokka have enough seating for five passengers and offer a unique design, capable engines and smart technologies. These are all features that markets around the world are looking for. The Buick Encore has had excellent reviews here in the United States, GM is hoping for the same in the European and even the Asian markets.
College Chevrolet is proud to carry the Buick Encore, Opel Mokka’s experienced sister. To learn more about the Buick Encore or another member of the Buick family, stop by College Chevrolet and talk to an experienced Sales Representative today!