Unfortunately flat tires and dead batteries happen. When on the road it is important to remain safe and prepared for any situation that may arise. Here is a list of must have items… just in case!
- Jumper Cables – If you or a friend has a dead battery while out on the road, you will be happy you had these.
- Fuses – These can help fix many common electrical problems.
- Flashlight – Need to check something under the hood at night?
- Tire Pressure Gauge – Tire Pressure should be checked once a month.
- First-Aid Kit – For minor cuts and scrapes a first-aid kit always comes in handy.
- Tire Changing Tools – Getting a flat is horrible, but having the right tools will help you get back on the road quickly.
- Old Cellphone – An old cellphone could be of great help if your new cellphone loses charge or shuts off unexpectedly.
- Warning Triangles – These will help keep you safe if for some reason you must pull over.
- Multi-tool – For fixing minor mechanical issues
- Paper Towels – Spill your soda? Need to check your oil? Paper towels can help you (and your car) stay clean.
- Duct Tape – From a blown hose to a cracked windshield, duct tape can help you get home or at least to the nearest service station.
- Maps – There are some places that your satellite navigation simply cannot reach.
- Spare Key – If you lock yourself out of your car and lose the key, you aren’t doomed! A magnetic key case can store a spare key on the outside of your vehicle.
- Bucket – A bucket can be used to hold items or to help you transfer water you need to refill the radiator.
- Owner’s Manual – What does this button do? The Owner’s Manual can answer many basic questions about your car.
- Garbage Bags – Get caught in the rain on your last hiking adventure? Garbage bags make great seat covers!
- Gloves – Keep your hands (and car) clean by wearing a pair of gloves while changing a flat tire or checking the oil.
Do you have any other must-have items in your car? Let us know by responding in the comments!