Spring break is just a few weeks away, which means it is time to start making your plans if you haven’t already. If you have a spring break road trip in your future, you need to make sure your car is ready to go along for the ride. A little preparation before you hit the road can help you prevent a disastrous vacation experience that you’d prefer to forget. The following is some of what you should consider.
- Tires. Make sure the tread on your tires is not getting too low and look for signs of extreme wear, like cracks or bulges.
- Brakes. If it takes you longer to stop than usual or you hear any squealing coming from your car while stopping, you might have a brake problem. Have them inspected to make sure you have enough brake life remaining.
- Lights. Make sure all of your exterior lights are working, including turn signals, brake lights, and headlights. You want to be able to see and let others see you while driving at night.
- Wipers. If it has been more than six months since you last replaced your windshield wipers, it is time for a new set.
- Battery. You don’t want to be left stranded somewhere unfamiliar with a dead battery. Inspect your battery for corrosion and clean the terminals, if needed.
All of these services can be performed quickly and correctly at College Chevrolet Buick. Schedule your appointment before your spring break excursion and make sure that your getaway is one worth remembering from start to finish.